Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Horror Podcast

On Monday, my friend Chris posted our weekly podcast on his blog, and the theme of this week's podcast was horror movies on account of it being Halloween.  So, if you are wanting some horror overload, click this link to head over to his site to check it out.

We take a look at some non-traditional horror movies to see if there is any gold to be found outside of the mainstream.  The truth is, mainstream horror is pretty dismal these days, so our hope was to find out if there was still some good life in the genre.  We looked at a few independent movies, and a few international films.  Each of the movies are available on Netflix, so it may be a podcast worth checking out if you are a fan of the genre.

The movies we look at are the independent film Resolution, the horror-comedy Teeth, the Australian psychological horror The Snowtown Murders (a film I reviewed on this site), the Australian teen slasher/stylized horror flick The Loved Ones (a film that has made many lists for best horrors), and the very first Israeli horror film Rabies (which I also reviewed on this site).

If any of those may float your boat, give it a listen and maybe you will find a new favourite horror film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm smarter than a bat. I know this because I caught the little jerk bat that got in my apartment, before immediately and inadvertently bringing him back in. So maybe I'm not smarter than a bat.