Monday, January 18, 2016

PODCAST: The Breakdown of The Revenant and The Big Short




If you have read my recent review of The Revenant, you will know that I hold the film in very high regards.  This week on The Movie Breakdown, we talk in depth about Alejandro Inarritu's masterful film.  As well, we spend some time talking about Adam McKay's The Big Short.  This is a very ambitious film from someone whose body of work includes titles like Anchorman and Talladega Nights.  Both the pros and the cons of his Oscar nominated film get discussed.

On top of reviewing two Oscar contenders, we say goodbye and pay tribute to David Bowie and Allan Rickman.  We will be honouring those two in future podcasts by devoting entire shows to their works, but it only seemed fitting that we say a few things about them and their lasting influences.

You can find the episode of The Movie Breakdown here.  It can also be found on iTunes, where you can subscribe or rate it.  If you are a fan of the show, don't feel shy about passing it along to your friends as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm smarter than a bat. I know this because I caught the little jerk bat that got in my apartment, before immediately and inadvertently bringing him back in. So maybe I'm not smarter than a bat.