Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Blog Update

The fates were against me for the last while, as they took my computer from me due to techno-illness, and then, upon return of of the computer, it faced more and more issues as software seemed to despise heeding my requests.  When everything looked like it was about to work out for getting some writing done, the toilet went and became an ongoing issue.  It is not really easy to work when you know you have to drive to the nearest coffee shop to use a toilet... you end up wanting to sort out that more pressing matter first.  After the landlord sent someone over for the third time, it is now all functioning.  The problem?  Well, that can best be described by quoting the great Randy Quaid from Christmas Vacation, 'shitter was full.'



Apparently not by me, but I do like to take credit for being the straw that broke the camel's back, but by a previous tenant.  The toilet never quite flushed properly in the month and a bit that we have lived in this apartment, and now we know why.  On top of the hours spent plunging, it resulted in three trips to the store, multiple purchases, many curse words, one evacuation of the bathroom then the Liquid Lightning reacted to the toilet auger and caused a chemical reaction, one evacuation of the bathroom due to abnormal odors, one destroyed toilet auger, one shattered ego, multiple changes of clothes (forcing laundry day early), three times mopping the floor, and I don't know how many hand washings.  Sigh...

So, I am now free of restraints, and ready to get back at it.  Two weeks away is much too long, and not the sort of routine I would like to get into.  I did find an old laptop that was buried away in boxes that I used to check my email during that time.  I had pondered using it to keep the blog running, but it is not in the best of shape.  The fan barely works, the battery is pretty much non-existent, as well as a general sickness it seems to have acquired.  If you squint at it for too long, it will over work itself and slow down.  Also, if you open up a window it will over work itself and slow down.  Oddly enough, if you try and close a window (something that is actually going to make its life easier as you are trying to reduce its burden) it will over work itself and slow down.  On top of that, whenever I was online it loved shooting popups at me to remind me that it was time to play some online poker or that there were hot singles in my area that I could meet.

In all of that there was also some medical stuff, but I would rather talk about lodged poop and infected computers than go into all of the medical fun that I have had the last few weeks.

All of that is to say, it is good to be back and I look forward to getting some new reviews up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm smarter than a bat. I know this because I caught the little jerk bat that got in my apartment, before immediately and inadvertently bringing him back in. So maybe I'm not smarter than a bat.