Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Breakdown of 'The Week Of,' 'Kodachrome,' and 'Candy Jar'



Holy smokes!  It's Tuesday, and for some reason The Movie Breakdown podcast is just now getting published.  Well, let me tell you there is a very good reason for this happening.  You see, I got the podcast file prepared in record time and then decided to not pass it along to my co-host, Christopher Spicer, who publishes it.  Yep.  And this isn't the first time that this has happened.  I turn forty soon, so I will lay the blame on a memory that fades as the years pile on.

The good news is that we have three Netflix originals to talk about.  One of them is the latest Adam Sandler flick, The Week Of.  We talk about it, and are surprised at how we aren't as insulted and offended as we usually are with Happy Madison productions.  From there it is the road trip film, Kodachrome that has wonderful acting talents such as Elizabeth Olsen, Jason Sudeikis, and Ed Harris.  The third movie is a high school movie about two hard core debaters.  It's called Candy Jar, and it seems to imply during the film that it is a Romeo and Juliet styled tale, even though the similarities are few.

There is also some discussion on Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski getting expelled from the Academy.  There are many different views people can take here, and we try to make some sense of it.  On top of that, Avengers: Infinity War has broken all sorts of records, so we are talking about what studios (pay attention here, Warner Bros) need to learn from its success.

You can find the podcast on iTunes, and feel free to leave a review if you enjoy it.  Next weekend will see some more interesting films talked about, and perhaps, if all goes well, I won't keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm smarter than a bat. I know this because I caught the little jerk bat that got in my apartment, before immediately and inadvertently bringing him back in. So maybe I'm not smarter than a bat.