Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Letting the Fear Keep Me Away

Well, it has been a while since I have written anything on the blog.  We can chalk that up to the side effects of dealing with anxiety on a daily basis and giving into the demands of the dark beast.  It is not a proper excuse, because I have managed to be actively writing during the time, but just not on the blog.  There is something different about writing for the blog.  Putting something out there that people will read and judge.  Like a punk, I allowed my fears to get in the way and keep me from talking about the movies that I have been seeing this summer.

It is unfortunate that I took a bit of a break, because there have been some really fun features that have been screening in theatres.  There have also been a number of duds.  This summer has had both ups and downs as far as movies go, and it has been a lot of fun to be a part of that, viewing and reviewing for the podcast that I co-host, The Movie Breakdown.

Hopefully this week will be a lot better for getting content on the blog.  The big movie coming out this week is Warner Brothers' Suicide Squad.  The reviews are starting to come in for it, and it is not encouraging so far.  I have been disappointed with the vision taken by DC in their films, and I still have high hopes that I will be enjoying this one.  I like to believe that come Friday morning I will be writing a positive review for the film, one that talks about how it takes risks and tries to be something different.

But, at the same time, I have worries.  Those worries come from the fact that this movie looks to be going the complete opposite direction as the Superman movies.  They were super serious and gritty, while Suicide Squad appears to be taking a more fun approach, using bright colours and humour.  I can't help but think that they will take it to the extreme, just as Superman was the extreme in trying to be dark and real.

Oh well.  I shall find out soon enough.  Thursday night is coming quickly and I will remain optimistic until the final credits roll.  There have been a number of movies that have shocked me this summer, and I feel that Suicide Squad could be one of those.

So, all of this is to say that I haven't gone anywhere and am trying to tackle the anxiety that has made daily blog writing very difficult to do.  It doesn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon, so I may as well do what I can to work through it and get the words down anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm smarter than a bat. I know this because I caught the little jerk bat that got in my apartment, before immediately and inadvertently bringing him back in. So maybe I'm not smarter than a bat.