Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Breakdown of Everest, Black Mass, and The Intern



For some reason I always forget to post a link on my blog for a weekly podcast that I do with my good friend and partner in crime Chris Spicer.  It could be the same reason I would spend ten minutes looking for my cell phone while holding it in my hand.  Yep, I am that guy.

This week on The Movie Breakdown we reviewed five movies from this year, with three of them existing in the dark screening rooms of theatres right now.  We chat about the disaster flick Everest, the 'based on real life' crime opera Black Mass, and the fish out of water soft comedy The Intern starring Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro.  If you read my possibly overly harsh review of Song One, then The Intern is the type of film that can restore faith in the abilities of someone as talented as Hathaway.



Also on the slate were rentals The Cobbler, starring Adam Sandler, and Ex Machina.  One of these two movies may rock your world and attempt to bend your mind.  The other may insult your intelligence.  One may be Oscar worthy in many different categories.  The other may be worthy of a Golden Raspberry or two.  I can't tell you which is which... you will have to check out the podcast to hear the thoughts.

You can find the podcast hosted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm smarter than a bat. I know this because I caught the little jerk bat that got in my apartment, before immediately and inadvertently bringing him back in. So maybe I'm not smarter than a bat.